Our guarantee: We don't promote fake or dubious site nor are we influenced by our ads. Since AdSense is not in our hands, we do not take guarantee of sites advertised by them; we, however, feel that Google takes care of that.
Our advice is fully genuine and if there is some inadvertent error, we'll correct it as soon as it is brought to our notice.
We will also not have ads of companies known to follow unethical practices or shortchange customers.
links: * NRI - PIO special * Indian tourism sites *

Travel restrictions in some parts of India

Make sure, you don't stray into protected border / tribal area

There are a few restrictions on travel to some parts of the country for the reasons of security or protecting  tribal culture. You need not bother about them if you are not a highly adventurous traveler curious to go to remote places, or must go to such places for research purposes, meeting somebody staying there and so on. If you must, you must know the restrictions and formalities so as to avoid problem.The restricted areas are mostly border areas and tribal areas in these states: Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh/ Uttarakhand, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Andaman and Nicobar, Sikkim.

Domestic tourists going to such areas have to obtain an Inner Line Permit. This has to be obtained from the State government. NRIs and PIOs need permission like foreign tourists as of 2011.

Foreign Tourists would require a permit to visit restricted / protected areas, called Protected Area Permit (PAP) or Restricted Area Permit (RAP). For obtaining such a permit, you can contact Indian Mission in your country. If you decide to visit such areas after landing in India, you can contact Foreigners Regional Registration Officers (FRROs) at the metro cities or check with immigration office in the airport or seek guidance from tourism offices of Indian government. For specific locations to which visits are restricted, please refer to the concerned State tourism site. [list given in the right column].
There is no fee for PAP, RAP or Inner Line Permit. PAP/ RAP is given generally for 10 days, with permission to extend the visit for another 7 days. For citizens of Pakistan, Bangladesh, China and Myanmar, approval of Ministry of Home Affairs is needed, so the processing time may get longer. Do apply, or ask your travel agent to apply, in advance for the necessary permit.

1 comment:

reshma M said...

Get the Best Online Bus Ticket Booking Services with TicketGoose.com. Your Online Bus Ticket Booking is just a click away! Online bus ticket booking, Online Bus Booking, bus ticket booking are the facilities with TicketGoose.